Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Laboring On After Labor Day

We're back at work here in the US of A, after a nice long holiday called Labor Day. It was a time for me to truly explore how I want to work between now and the end of the year.

I talked with a friend who has continually manifested a foot problem that insists she sit and put her foot up much of the day. She is frustrated and declared "I don't like this! There is so much I wanted to DO this weekend!" Alas, the message is clear: stop DOing and start BEing.

What would happen if you simply unplugged from the world for a day or two? What ideas would feel welcome or what inspired actions would you be led to take? You won't know until you give yourself the gift of time to just Be.

When I stopped by the grocery store yesterday, the woman behind the cash register told me that she had no problem being at work on a holiday. "I enjoy this work," she said. "People don't believe me, but I really do."

I believe her. I enjoy my work, too. I used to think that everyone did, but I have learned through my years of coaching small business owners that it isn't always the case. These clients are the ones with the most stress, the most drama and the most dissatisfaction. And once they have the realization of the true cause and take steps to shift it, amazing things happen.

Things like no neck pain, lower stress levels and more peace of mind. Things like time for enjoying the simple things and engaging in community projects because they want to, not because it's good p.r. for their business or the boss told them they had to show up.

What's the true work of your heart? Your soul's purpose? Do that and see how you feel. And as you let go of your old paradigm of how work "should" be, there will be no grieving for what was, only an excitement and gratitude for what is to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home