Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Finding Grace

As I completed my journaling for today and moved on to my meditation time, I picked up the Daily Word for today.

"June 11," I thought. "Something happened around this time that I should remember."

I knew that the birthday of a once-dear friend had just passed about four days ago and, while I had thought of her, this seemed bigger.

Duh. It was 21 years ago today that my mom died.

The Daily Word for today starts off with "Blessed by the ever-present grace of God, I live life fully."

That's what I have been doing and intend to do for the rest of my life. Mom's death and ultimate last lesson to me was that life is short and we do need to value each moment.

And most days, I have done it with grace.

So how do you do it? How do you move through your days of loss with grace? I'd like to hear about it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss my Daddy every day. I think about him and miss his voice which was my favorite sound. He was amazing and was able to comfort me like no one else. To deal with my grief, I just talk to him. Sometimes out loud and some times in my head. I feel like he can hear me. When I miss him really bad, I pray that he would come to me in my dreams and he does!! He doesn't stay long but long enough that I hear his voice, feel his touch and smell his scent. It is as if I have been with him and I wake up feeling once again like he has brought me comfort.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home